I found this interesting article and thought I would share some of the stats. Check out the link here.
Children and Cellphones
- On average, children are 12.1 when they receive their first mobile device. [Source]
- 56 percent of children, age 8 to 12, have a cellphone. [Source]
- 60 percent of families who have provided a cellphone to their child did so between the ages of 10 and 11. 20 percent provided their 8 to 9 year olds with a cellphone. [Source]
- Of children 8 years of age and younger 2 percent have their own cell phone. [Source]
- 71 percent of families with young children under 8 years old have a smartphone. [Source]
- Among children 8 years of age and younger, 21 percent use smartphones. [Source]